Cleaning Dentures (Soft Processed Lining)
- Soak denture in denture cleanser overnight, or for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Brush dentures vigorously daily, especially the soft area.
- Use the Zephiran solution (See recipe at bottom of page) once a week for prevention of yeast infection.
- Massage gums daily with finger, or soft toothbrush, and also brush tongue.
- To prevent breaking your denture, brush denture over a towel or over a basin half-filled with water.
- If surface of soft lining begins to deteriorate, i.e. roughness or separation, please call the office.
- The processed lining should last a minimum of 2-3 years. Proper care may extend the life of the material.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons zephiran (1:750 strength)
- 8 ounces of water
- Mix together with a spoon.
Place denture in zephiran solution for at least 30 minutes, once a week. This solution will kill all bacteria, but will not clean or remove stains.